We are looking for a passionate and creative individual to join the team one day a week (on Sundays) to look after the opening up and daily running of the school for the day whilst contributing regularly to our active and popular jewellery blog: https://blog.londonjewelleryschool.co.uk/ Our blog is rated in the top 10 of jewellery blogs worldwide according to Feedspot
Tag Archives: job opportunity
London Jewellery School is looking for a talented copywriter and marketer who is passionate about jewellery and making to join its management team.
The school is recruiting for an outgoing and creative person to join the staff team as the marketing co-ordinator to market and promote its brilliant classes and activities to current and prospective students. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in copywriting, managing blogs and e-newsletters. Applied knowledge of digital marketing, the web and social media are a must, as well as a proven track record of getting results through both online and off-line marketing efforts. This is a varied and diverse role for an all-round marketer who is able to build and develop partnerships with press, media and customers alike.
This is a three-day per week role (Tues, Wed and 1 day flexi-time from home) with a salary of £26,000 pro rata per annum (plus £1000 training budget to spend on LJS courses).
We have an exciting job opportunity.
If you are available Fridays & weekends, passionate about jewellery making, good with people & social media you could be just the person we are looking for.
The London Jewellery School are looking for an outgoing, creative and passionate person to join the staff team as the Deputy Manager, 3 days a week Friday-Sunday £22,000 p.a. pro rata
For full details, including the job description and how to apply, click here.
We are looking for another member of the LJS team. If you want to be part of a small but crucial team dedicated to ensuring every student benefits from the great experience of LJS workshops, read on.
London Jewellery School are looking for a Membership and Weekend Manager with IMMEDIATE START – £22,000 pro rata plus training budget (4 Days per week)
The London Jewellery School is looking for a passionate and ambitious individual to join its small but expanding staff team as theMembership and Weekend Manager. This role is crucial to the organisation as it involves being responsible for the whole operation over the weekends as well as being in charge of developing the membership scheme, completing administrative tasks and basic finance support for the school.
The position is four days a week from Thursday to Sunday 9am-6pm
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and well organized with strong administration skills. Jewellery making skills are not a requirement of this role.
Job Description – Membership and Weekend Manager London Jewellery School
Job Title: Membership and Weekend Manger
Working hours: Thursday- Sunday 9am-6pm
Salary: £22,000 pro rata (plus £2,000 training budget spend on LJS classes)
Location: London Jewellery School, 213 Hatton Square Business Centre, 16-16a Baldwins Gardens, London EC1N 7RJ
Line Manager: Jessica Rose, Director
Roles and Responsibilities:
Managing the studio each weekend including:
– Opening up and preparing for classes
– Welcoming students as they arrive and providing excellent customer service to ensure they have an enjoyable experience throughout the course.
– Supporting tutors with locating materials, printing class notes and administrative tasks
– General tidying up and cleaning of the studio including hovering, taking bins out, maintaining a clean refreshments area, cleaning cups in the dishwasher and general studio tidiness.
– Occasionally dealing with tutor sickness or absence offering alternatives to students.
– Liaising with the LJS General Manager over the weekends activities and passing on information needed for the week
– Taking pictures of students work for our online galleries and social media
– Handling all membership related enquiries
– Updating the membership database and website listings
– Promoting the membership scheme and attracting new members
– Liaising with other members of staff and the Director on ideas for the development of the membership scheme
Administration/ Customer service:
– Handling email, telephone and in-person enquires and bookings over the weekends.
– Updating the LJS social networking sites over the weekend including facebook and twitter.
– General administrative tasks including preparing the post, membership packs, distance learning courses and gift vouchers. Proof reading, editing images and general support around the office
– And completing the weekly income and expenditure spreadsheets for the school.
Previous relevant experience is not as important as motivation and a willingness to learn. However all candidates must have the following skills:
– Fluent computer skills including; emails, Microsoft office, using the Internet, and using Mac computers.
– Excellent customer service skills
– Hard working and able to work from your own initiative
– Able to work well as part of a small and collaborative team
– Reliable, approachable and passionate about the schools ethos and how we deliver our jewellery training. See more at www.londonjewelleryschool.co.uk
On the job training will be provided for all other areas of work.
If you think you have the skills and passion to work for the London Jewellery School at this exciting time of growth, please send a cover letter outlining why you would be suitable for the role and CV to Jessica@londonjewelleryschool.co.uk as soon as possible. We are looking for candidates that can start imminently. If your application is accepted we will in be in touch to arrange an interview.
The London Jewellery School are looking for a dynamic and creative individual to join their staff team and co-ordinate crucial projects including the Diploma in Creative Jewellery, promotions for classes and managing content for their two websites.
Working Hours: Full Time (Mon-Fri 10-7pm)
Salary: £20,000 p.a. (plus £2000 training budget to spend on LJS courses)
About London Jewellery School:
London Jewellery School is Europe’s largest jewellery training centre, based in central London’s, Hatton Garden. We host 100’s of fun and professional jewellery classes every year open to students of all abilities from complete beginner through to experienced jewellers. The School was set up by Jessica Rose in 2009 and since staring we have trained over 5,000 students. We now have a thriving team of over 25 jewellery tutors, 5 staff members and two fully equipped studios. For more see www.londonjewelleryschool.co.uk
About the Role:
We are looking for someone to join the team and co-ordinate some of the schools key activities including:
– Diploma in Creative Jewellery www.jewellery-diploma.co.uk
– Promoting specific classes both on and offline
– Social media including regular Facebook and Twitter content and engagement with students in our networks
– Maintaining and updating content and images on our two websites
– Photography of classes, samples and students work
– General office and studio support as being part of the team
For a full Job description please visit: http://www.londonjewelleryschool.co.uk/jobs-at-ljs/
How to Apply:
If you have the experience and skill to be an excellent Projects and Web Co-ordinator for the London Jewellery School please send your cover letter and C.V. to Jessica@londonjewelleryschool.co.uk on or before 5pm on Wednesday 13th March
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held on Wednesday 27th March
Online craft and jewellery supplier Jasmin Studio Crafts is looking for a new team member and owner Jasmin Juvanteny thinks it might appeal to an LJS student.
Jasmin is looking for someone in south London with an interest in jewellery making for 15-20 hours a week. They are looking for a bright dependable person to be involved in all aspects of the business including preparing orders, office management, customer service and much more. The job ad is here or if you would like to know more, or know someone who does, ask Jasmin (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a full job description. Closing date for applications is on Wednesday 16th January.
Part-time (1 day a week), Rate of pay: £9 per hour
About the Role:
The London Jewellery School are looking for a Press Officer to join their team and help promote the school through social media and traditional press avenues. The role is for one day a week which may be possible to do over two half days.
About London Jewellery School:
Roles and Responsibilities Include:
– Developing and promoting the LJS Facebook page, Twitter page and Pinterest page.
– Writing and sending out press releases
– Taking and editing pictures
– Writing and posting regular blog posts
– Updating and maintaining the press area on the LJS website
– Proof reading the website, newsletters and LJS documents as required
– Developing the LJS mailing lists
– Liaising with relevant magazines and members of the press about features for LJS
– Inviting members of the press and blog owners to LJS classes
– Handling email and telephone enquiries relating to press.
– Liaising with the School Director and General Manager on press related matters.
– Confident on computers, including macs
– A good working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Blogs
– Previous experience of writing press releases and blog posts
– Professional with a personable phone and in-person manner
– Ability to work efficiently individually as well as part of a team
– Photography experience
– Skills in Photoshop and photo editing
– Previous experience of updating websites
– Proof reading experience
If you have the required skills and passion to excel in this role please send a copy of your CV and cover letter, detailing your suitability for the job to Jessica@londonjewelleryschool.co.uk before 5pm on Monday 11th June
The ideal candidate will be able to come in for ½ a day once a week during the office opening hours of 9am-6pm Monday-Friday. We also ask that volunteers can come in at the same time and day each week for consistency.
Most volunteer placements last approx 6-12 months but this is always flexible.
Travel expenses can be covered for up to £5 per day.
The roles vary depending on the volunteers experience and interests but the common activities include:
– Posting out prospectuses to new students
– Proof reading documents and letters
– Assisting with website updates
– Writing and sending out press releases
– Helping with washing up cups, emptying bins and tiding the studio
– Updating spreadsheets and databases
– Putting leaflets in local jewellery shops
– Assist with the planning and running of events and parties
& much more.
If you have some time to spare during the week and would like to get some experience of working in a busy and thriving, creative environment please get in touch and send a copy of your CV to Jessica@londonjewelleryschool.co.uk Before 14th January 2012
Best wishes and happy making
A new jewellery start up is on the lookout for new designers to help develop their upcoming collections. The ideal candidate would be someone highly creative with good design skills who is interested in designing stylish and unusual jewellery a freelance basis. Technical jewellery making ability is not essential as the work would be design based and would be focused on mid level pieces in silver and swarovski crystals.
For more information, please contact Joseph Hayes on josephhayes71@.hotmail.com.
Diamond Thoughts specialises in designing and making jewellery in silver, platinum and white gold.
Diamond Thoughts is looking for an enthusiastic, determined and reliable individual who is a creative, forward thinker to undertake a placement. Students will gain hands on experience throughout the creative process, from generating and developing design ideas to sketching and wax model making.
Students will need to have a clear understanding of the jewellery design process; they will also have a broad knowledge of properties, qualities materials and finishes.
Daily duties will involve
- Model making
- Design research
- Assisting in the workshop
- Soldering and melting
- Working with precious metals
- Using saw blades and other workshop equipment
- Cutting and clearing cast blades
- Basic polishing and buffing techniques
- Working with precious metals
Please note that this work placement is unpaid.
To apply please forward a CV with work examples to email@example.com