We know that sometimes when you have taken a class with us and learned some new skills, you want to practice but can feel overwhelmed trying to find the right tools.
So we have been working with our pop-up shop partners to develop a number of kits to help you with this.
- Polishing and finishing kit – ensure your jewellery looks as professional as possible: Selection of emery paper, emery sticks, scotchbrite, pumice powder, Glanol, polishing cloth, pink wheel x 2, calico mop x 2, loose cotton mop x 2, felt mop x 2, rouge, tripoli, £48
- Wax carving kit – get started carving your own pieces of jewellery for casting: Wax ring sizer, saw frame, small wax carving block, set of wax tools, wax saw blades, ring wax tube , wax file set, spirit lamp, £82.55
- Stone setting kit – the tools to continue using your stone setting skills in your own workshop: 2 x CZ (2mm), 2 x CZ (3mm), 1 x CZ (4mm), 3 x cabochons, 3mm silver bezel strip (20cm), hard solder strip (10cm), bezel pusher, burnisher, selection of emery paper, pink wheel x 2, calico mop x 2, stone setting burrs (2mm, 3mm, 4mm), pin vice, jeweller’s loupe, fibre glass stick, £75
- Pearl kit – A pouch containing what your need to start making your own pearl jewellery: Tweezers, white Gimp, pearl knotting silk (size 12), twisted wire needles (fine), Araldite, sterling silver findings: jump rings, lobster clasps, ear posts and scrolls, £30
- Metal clay starter kit – everything you need to start making metal clay jewellery at home: 7g Art Clay, firing torch (gas not included), firing block, brass brush, rubber block, cookie cutter set, pin vice (for drill bits), drill bits (set of 4), sanding pads (set of 3), polishing papers, acrylic roller, spacers set, burnisher, texture mat, £95.00
- Soldering kit – continue to develop your soldering skills: Soldering block, borax cone and tray, plastic tweezers, soldering probe, 5g soldering paste, strip of easy solder, steel tweezers, firing torch (gas not included), £70.04
We also stock silver starter and silver workshop tool kits from HS Walsh for those of you fitting out a workshop.
We hope these kits will be a help in your future jewellery making.