London Jewellery School tutor Gail Florio provides a step by step guide to making these diamond shaped Swarovski earrings with blood red heart in simple bead and wire weave -perfect for a Valentine’s Day date. And it’s just one of many free jewellery making projects you can find on our website.
Gail is a beader and milliner, specialising mainly in bridal accessories. Living in London with her husband, young daughter and 2 cats, she teaches at LJS and also runs her own bridal business, Florio Designs.
- 0.3mm Silver Plated Copper Wire
- Clear AB & Siam 4mm Swarovski Crystals
- Siam 8mm Swarovski Crystals
- Silver plated Fish-hook Earring Findings
- Don’t be tempted to unpick your rows if you make a mistake as you are likely to break the wire. Start again!
- Reverse the colours and have a clear heart in a red surround, or use Pink!
- Use flush cutters rather than side cutters to trim off your excess wire, it will be neater.