Do you like the idea to spending a day a week learning a range of professional jewellery techniques?
Have you browsed the Diploma in Creative Jewellery website but not yet taken the plunge or found the right the date?
Looking to develop a range of professional jewellery skills using different media from silver and precious metal clay to wire, resin and Perspex?
If the answer is yes, then we have good news.
Due to the popularity of the Diploma in Creative Jewellery we are expanding the course to offer more classes.
Each group will remain the same size and work to the same format as currently but there will be more opportunities to take the course with two new classes starting in May and three more in September plus if you want to fit the experience into seven full-time weeks there are seven places available on the intensive version of the Diploma course starting in July 2013.
The Diploma in Creative Jewellery is a year-long course that combines a vast range of different aspects of jewellery making both traditional and contemporary. It is a vocational course with a strong focus on intensive practical learning.
Each Diploma course is made up of three terms of 10 weeks (with one additional marking day each term), with classes running 1 day per week during term time. Intake is a maximum of 7 students per course allowing plenty of individual tuition and support.
It equips students:
- To be confident technical skill in a full range of jewellery making mediums.
- To design, produce and manufacture pieces and collections of jewellery to a professional standard.
- With knowledge of the jewellery industry as a whole and equipped with basic skills for finding future work or setting up a jewellery business.
- With skills and experience in a broad range of different types of jewellery making and increased knowledge of what areas students would like to pursue.
- With complete collection consisting of approximately 40-60 physical jewellery pieces and design book to contribute towards a professional portfolio.
- With contacts within the industry and knowledge of where and how to source supplies, tools and advice for future jewellery related jobs or projects.
The Diploma is suitable for preparing students for a range of areas including; working in the trade, setting up their own jewellery business, developing skills for personal interests or working for a design label/company.
Plus this year we are ensuring the final show for students in September is bigger and better because it will be taking place at London’s Craft Central Gallery allowing more people to see all our graduates’ fantastic work.
Tuesday 7 May 2013
Thursday 9 May 2013
Monday 16 September 2013
Wednesday 18 September 2013
Friday 20 September 2013
Summer intensive diploma course: Monday 22 July 2013
£3,600 in 4 installments
- Rose Astor
- Zohre Azarnoosh
- Menna Lloyd
- Sam Peliza
- Zoe Richardson