Are you ready to start or build your jewellery business?
This week is LJS Jewellery Business Week. So it’s time to get thinking about what you need to know and take advantage of a week of business tips, shared advice from experts and other jewellers and promotion opportunities here on the blog, on Facebook and on Twitter.
Picture courtesy of Grace and Firefly
Each day there will be:
- Business tips on Facebook
- Blogs featuring business information, interviews with successful designer makers and guest articles from experts
- Chances to promote your jewellery business by tweeting us the details @jewelleryschool
- Opportunities to share your experiences on Facebook in our discussion of the day
- Twitter chats under the hashtag #LJSjewelbizweek
There are lots of ways to get involved. Keep an eye on the blog each day and look out for the business tips on Facebook. Also on Facebook we want to hear your experiences. We’ll be asking you to share tips and experiences on a different theme each day – why not take a look after you’ve finished reading this.
Plus on Staurday 19 January, LJS founder Jessica Rose will be answering your business questions live on Facebook between 2 and 4pm. So start thinking about what you want to ask.
To start the week we’ve collected some inspirational quotes from successful business people to stimulate your thinking:
“Be realistic! Never underestimate how hard it’s going to be. You are your sales, your admin, your company secretary – wearing 15 hats and accomplishing them all is difficult. …But if you’re driven and honest with yourself, and evaluate what you really want, it is worth it.” Debbie Burke of ROC Recruitment, runner up in Women Entrepreneurs Lifetime Achievement Awards.
“Harness your raw passion because it is your key strength. Customers buy from people who are passionate about what they are selling.” Cheryl D Rickman, author of The Small Business Start-Up Workbook
“It is better to try and fail, than not try at all and always wonder ‘what if I’d done that’.” Simon Woodroffe, founder of Yo Sushi
“The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” Walt Disney
“Now, get out there and kick ass!” Stella McCartney, fashion designer
To mark Jewellery Week we are offering a special 15% discount on our distance learning jewellery business course which covers all aspects of running a successful jewellery business from legal and tax issues, to budgets, selling and pricing and marketing your products. The course includes over a hour of videos, a workbook and case studies of successful jewellers, as well as including a year’s membership of LJS which gives you discounts from suppliers and a listing on the LJS Members’ Directory.
To get your discount buy the course before midnight on Sunday 20 January 2013 and enter the code LJSDL13 at the check out. Please note the discount is restricted to one per person.
- Get ready for Jewellery Business Week (londonjewelleryschool.co.uk)
- Your January jewellery business to do list (londonjewelleryschool.co.uk)
- New videos and help for your jewellery business (londonjewelleryschool.co.uk)
- LJS founder Jessica wins top entrepreneur award (londonjewelleryschool.co.uk)
- Jewellery Business Week – Anna Campbell shares her web wisdom (londonjewelleryschool.co.uk)
- Jewellery business week – Jessica’s top tips (londonjewelleryschool.co.uk)
- Jewellery Business week – 3 key tasks for 2013 (londonjewelleryschool.co.uk)
- Making it as a jewellery designer (londonjewelleryschool.co.uk)
- Jewellery Business Week – Hayley Kruger on learning from experience (londonjewelleryschool.co.uk)