The London Jewellery School are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic individual to join their team as the Weekends Coordinator. The successful candidate will be responsible for opening up and coordinating all of the weekends activities including supporting students and tutors as well as performing administrative tasks, taking class bookings and basic photography of the weekends makes.
LJS is one of Europe’s largest jewellery training centers based in Hatton Garden, we run 100’s of classes every year for people of all ages and abilities. For more info please visit www.londonjewelleryschool.co.uk
Job Description – Weekends Coordinator
Job Title: Weekends Co-coordinator
Time: 9am-6pm Saturday
Salary: £16,000 p.a. pro-rata (plus £500 per year to spend on LJS classes)
Location: London Jewellery School, 213 Hatton Square Business Centre, 16-16a Baldwins Gardens, London EC1N 7RJ
Line Manager: Jessica Rose, Director
Roles and Responsibilities:
– Opening up the studio and preparing for classes on Saturdays and Sundays throughout the year.
– Handling email, telephone and in-person enquires and bookings over the weekends.
– Welcoming students as they arrive and providing excellent customer service to ensure they have an enjoyable experience throughout the course.
– Supporting tutors with locating materials, printing class notes and administrative tasks
– Taking and editing pictures of class work and LJS activities
– Updating the LJS social networking sites over the weekend including facebook and twitter.
– General tidying up and cleaning of the studio including hoovering, taking bins out, maintaining a clean refreshments area and general studio tidiness.
– Occasionally dealing with tutors sickness or absence offering alternatives to students.
– Liaising with the LJS General Manager over the weekends activities and passing on information needed for the week
– General administrative tasks including preparing the post, membership packs, distance learning courses and gift vouchers. Proof reading, editing images and making small updates to the website
– Reliable, approachable and passionate about jewellery making and jewellery training
– Confident computer skills including; emails, microsoft office, using the internet, social networking sites and using mac computers.
– Excellent customer service skills
– Hard working and able to work from your own initiative
– Photography skills
– Jewellery making skills and experience
If you think you have the skills and passion to become the LJS Weekends Coordinator then please email a copy of your CV and cover letter detailing your suitability to email@example.com before 12 noon on Monday 3rd December. Interviews will take place on Thursday 6th December and shortlisted candidates will be notified by Tuesday 4th December.